The ISO27001 ISMS Lead Implementer course is an online course that teaches you the nine key steps involved in planning, implementing and maintaining an ISO 27001-compliant information security management system (ISMS). After this course, you will be able to secure your organisation’s information assets and reducing data security risks with real-world expertise and practical insights.
Who should take this course?
This course is aimed at anyone involved in information security management, writing information security policies or implementing ISO 27001, either as a lead implementer or as part of an implementation team. This may include IT Security Consultants and Managers, Heads of IT or Network Managers etc.
The ISO 27001 Lead Implementer training course covers the following topics:
- Why information security management (ISM) is important to an organisation.
- The role and structure of an information security policy.
- The key concepts, principles and main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
- The terms and definitions used in the Standard, including risk and options for risk assessments.
- How to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 to determine the scope of your ISMS.
- How to secure senior management commitment by building a compelling business case.
- How to structure and manage your ISO 27001 project.
- How to allocate roles and responsibilities for your ISO 27001 implementation.
- How to review and map your existing controls to Annex A of ISO 27001.
- The importance of the Statement of Applicability (SoA), and justifications for inclusions and exclusions.
- How to carry out an information security risk assessment – the core competence of information security management.
- The benefits of, and key issues when selecting, a risk assessment tool.
- How to develop a management framework, write policies and produce other critical documentation.
- The importance of staff, an effective communication strategy and general awareness training.
- The key elements of management review.
- How to prepare for your ISO 27001 certification audit and ensure you that you pass first time.
- How to manage and drive continual improvement under ISO 27001.