The Certified Data Protection Officer Masterclass offers a more in depth and detailed look at the knowledge and skills needed to become a Data Protection Officer (DPO). This four-day long course equips participants with the knowledge and operational skills to act as a DPO in the UK and ensure that GDPR compliance is effectively designed, implemented and maintained.
The Certified Data Protection Officer training course covers the following topics:
- The legal background of the GDPR, intersection with the PECR, with freedom of information legislation, the Law Enforcement Directive and member state implementation approaches.
- The requirements in respect to the appointment of a DPO, the requirements placed on the DPO, and on the controller or processor.
- You will understand and be able to carry out the responsibility to inform and advise controllers or processors of their GDPR obligations.
- You will be able to demonstrate key training skills, in order to better ‘inform and advise’.
- How to monitor compliance with the GDPR.
- The role of the DPO in relation to liaison with data subjects and with the supervisory authorities.
- The DPO’s role in awareness-raising and staff training.
- All aspects of the processing of personal data.
- The purpose of data inventories, data flow mapping, the records of processing required by Article 30.
- The requirements around Data Subject Access Requests and the DPO’s role in facilitating them.
- The DPO’s role in incident management and response and in data breach reporting.
- When and how to carry out a DPIA.
- The trans-border data processing requirements, particularly in relation to cloud service providers.